I am currently on maternity leave. Anna returns on 30th July 2019!
I’m a country girl from Wagga Wagga….‘The Wagga Effect’ didn’t quite lead to a professional sporting career, but certainly did lead to my passion for sport.
During my time as an athlete (800 and 1500m athletics), I would look up to whoever helped me try and achieve my full potential; especially physiotherapists. This ultimately led me to pursue a career in physiotherapy.
Now a new mum to a delightful baby girl Daisy; I juggle my time between my family, keeping fit and discovering new brunch spots!
What makes me different:
I’ve had the privilege of being able to work with elite sporting teams in both London and Sydney…..and so have worked on everything and anything, both on and off the field.
I have always had a particular interest in the lower back and pelvis however and also in strength and conditioning (stemming from my sporting background). On top of that I love assessing the whole body, connecting things from the person’s past to their current symptoms and figuring out why the problem is there in the first place!
Since having my daughter I have realised just how important it is to know everything about the pelvis…..both inside and out (and of course about the pelvic floor!). Taking inspiration from the Physio’s who have helped me recover from the birth of my daughter, I am now treating a range of women’s health problems as well. I am passionate about educating women about their bodies and ensuring they reach their exercise goals…..safely!
What I have learnt:
- Bachelor of Science (Exercise Science and Nutrition) at The University of Wollongong 2005
- Master of Physiotherapy at The University of Sydney 2007
- LJ Lee, The Sports Pelvis and Hip
- Lyn Watson, Level 1 Shoulder Course
- Dry Needling, Level 1 with GEMt
- Clinical Yoga for Physiotherapists
- Level 1 Sports Taping
- The Sports Thorax – Connect the whole body to optimise performance with the Thoracic Ring Approach. Dr. Linda Joy Lee
Women’s Health and Continence:
- Introductory to Women’s Health – Taryn Hallam WHTA
- Advanced course in Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse – Taryn Hallam
- Advanced Pelvic Floor – Exercise Sport and Musculoskeletal Dysfunction Taryn Hallam 2017
- Pelvic organ prolapse & Gellhorn workshop with Taryn Hallam
- Advanced lactating breast workshop with Melinda Cooper
- Pelvic Skills workshop with Prof Peter Deitz
My Fun Fact:
I learnt to water ski when I was 4