We look after women’s bodies. This is what we do. Let us teach you how to look after yours through pregnancy, birth and beyond.
Our aim is to educate and empower women to help them prepare for pregnancy, birth and the post natal period. This is recommended for women from 20 -36 weeks pregnant – We think the earlier the better!
- Learn how to look after your pelvic floor and abdominal wall.
- Learn and practise birth skills (distraction techniques).
- Learn how to help push a baby out.
- Learn about what to do with your body after your baby, including return to exercise.
To read more about Born Ready please check out the Born Ready website. – https://bornready.com.au/
The Why : As health professionals we all want to make our patients better. To make a difference in their lives. This, in the end, is why we do what we do.
Of course, the more you know, generally the better you do. As the old saying goes, ‘if you knew better, you’d do better’.
So of course, if we weren’t quite sure about something we researched and practiced, researched and practiced. Always trying to know more, so that we could do better.
And we hope that by teaching you what we now know and what we now do, we can help you and your patients do better too.
6th April – Bondi Junction (FULL – wait list only) | 7th September – Bondi Junction
Diastasis of the rectus abdominus has hit the spotlight in recent years. There has been an explosion of research. There has also been an explosion of people trying to treat it, not only in clinics, but in gyms, in Pilates studios and even on social media.
We created this course because we too wanted to learn all there is to know, so that we can provide the best level of care to our patients.
Here are the key points of what you will learn:
- A summary of the latest research surrounding diastasis in women.
- Detailed abdominal wall and linea alba anatomy review, including fascial connections.
- How to asses a diastasis and how to assess abdominal wall function using both finger palpation and real time ultrasound.
- How to create an exercise program to treat not just diastasis but abdominal wall dysfunction, using your own clinical reasoning.
- How to know when exercise won’t help and a surgical review is required.
- Our thoughts on how you may be able to prevent a diastasis in the first place.
Saturday 6th April 2019 – 904/3 Waverley Street Bondi Junction 2022 (Booked out! wait list only)
Saturday 7th September 2019 – 904/3 Waverley Street Bondi Junction 2022
Cost: $450 including GST. Course cost includes course notes, morning tea and tea and coffee throughout the day.
Please download our registration form here – Course Registration