I work in Cammeray and Bondi Junction.
I grew up as the youngest of four girls in Melbourne. One day at a picnic my trainer bike had been left at home and instead of missing out I jumped onto my big sister’s bike and took off chasing the older kids, and never looked back. My attitude is to give everything a go, coining me the nickname “energiser bunny” on the netball court. From cycling to kayaking, tap dancing, tennis, yoga, running or Pilates, I am happiest when I am on the move. Physiotherapy is a natural fit for me with my love for sports combined with a thirst to understand how the body moves and functions.
Watching my sisters’ families grow and seeing how physiotherapy management can help with challenges in pregnancy and the postnatal period guided me into this area. I love my job and love helping people along their journey to recovery, particularly with this group of women.
What makes me different:
Giving people confidence to move without fear is my goal. I make sure that I get an in- depth understanding of the problem and how it affects them, be it pelvic floor issues, back pain, returning to running or any other ache or niggle.
I love seeing people achieve their goals and I will work hard to get you there!
What I have learnt:
2011. Batchelor of physiotherapy at La Trobe University
2016 Post Graduate Certificate Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy (Melbourne)
- Therapeutic Yoga for Physiotherapists I
- Annette Tonkin Communication Workshop
- Spinal Level 1 Course
- BICA Indoor Cycling Instructor Course
- DMA Clinical Pilates Level I and II
- Introduction to Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation
- Dry Needling Level 1 GEMT
- Sports Thorax – Dr LJ Lee
- ConnectTherapy™ Series enrolled in 2019 – Dr Linda-Joy Lee
Women’s and Men’s Health:
- Post Graduate Certificate Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy (Melbourne)
- Passionfruit Sexual Communication and Tools Workshop
- Continence and Women’s Health Physiotherapy Level 1
- Advanced course in Stress Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse – Taryn Hallam
- Pelvic Pain Conference and Physio Masterclass 2017
- NSW Continence Foundation Conference 2017
- APA Management of Constipation and Fecal Soiling NSW
- Advanced Pelvic Skills Workshop – Prof Hans Peter Deitz
- Pelvic organ prolapse & Gellhorn workshop with Taryn Hallam
- Advanced lactating breast workshop with Melinda Cooper
- Anorectal Pelvic Floor Disorders – Taryn Hallam 2018
A Fun Fact:
I am a massive foodie and I’m always looking out for recommendations for delicious meals out. My favourite cookbook is written by Ottolenghi – every recipe is sensational.