I grew up in the northern part of England as an only child, just outside of a great City called Manchester. At school I volunteered to play any and every sport but my two main loves were Gymnastics and Netball. I studied Physiotherapy in Sheffield (England) and worked in the public health services for 4 years after graduating which I absolutely loved! In 2014/2015 I went travelling for 9 months (South America was my favourite place!). Then moved to Sydney in 2015 with my partner to make a new life in Aus and continue my Physiotherapy career.
What makes me different:
Working in the public health hospitals I got to experience a varied case load, which has really helped me see injuries and issues from a multifaceted point of view. I’ve worked with acutely unwell patients, women day 1 after their birth,. I also ran chronic pain clinics and worked on trauma and neurological rehabilitation wards. Lots of varied experience which has been great.
I love hearing patients stories and thrive on using my problem solving skills to help them in the best possible way. I also have a big emphasis on holistic care – I love helping patients understand the importance of sleep/nutrition/stress reduction to maintain overall good health and help them reach their optimal health goals.
What I have learnt:
- Mat & Equipment Pilates Training – APPI
- Rehabilitation of Tendinopathies – Peter Malliaras
- Marathon Medicine Conference Day – London Virgin Marathon
- Lower Limb Rehabilitation – The Knowledge Exchange
- Musculoskeletal Segmental & Dry Needling – Trevor Montgomery
- Breathe Right Course – Emma Ferris
- Introduction to pelvic floor assessments – APA
- Diastasis Recti and The Abdominal Wall – The Physiotherapy Clinic
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse & Stress Urinary Incontinence – Taryn Hallam WHTA
- The Female Athlete Course – Antony Lo
- Women’s Research Update 2019 – Taryn Hallam WHTA
- Pre & Post natal fitness certification – Girls Gone Strong (currently)
A fun fact about me:
On a good day I can still walk on my hands for 10 metres!