I work in Bondi Junction.
I grew up in “The shire” in a little suburb called Bonnet Bay. I was good at science (yes, maybe a little bit of a nerd…don’t tell anybody!) and loved netball; the combination of which led me to become a physio. I’ve always been interested in staying healthy, in being fit. I enjoy running, although the only real running I do at the moment is running after my two handsome (and extremely active) boys- Bob 3 and Fred 1.
I now live in Tempe (yes, right under the flight path!) with my husband Marty, my two kids and my cat Reginald.
I love to read, I love to sleep and I love my job!
What makes me different:
I love treating women of all ages. I treat anything from pelvic floor problems to pelvic pain to neck pain to hip pain. I particularly love to treat women throughout their pregnancy and enjoy helping them in the post natal period. I understand the toll pregnancy and motherhood takes on your body and I know what you need to do to help it along.
I believe communication is extremely important. If you don’t understand what is going on in your body, then you are unlikely to be able to make a lasting change. So expect a lot of chatting and a lot of questions if you come see me!
What I have learnt:
- Bachelor of Applied Science Physiotherapy 2006 – Sydney University
- Treatment of the lumbar spine and pelvis muscle energy Level 1 – Barb Hungerford
- Functional exercise and rehab for lumbo-pelvic stability – Barb Hungerford exercise course – Barb Hungerford
- Shoulder level 1 – Lyn Watson
- Dry needling Level 1 GEMT
- ConnectTherapy™ Series Sydney 2017 – Dr Linda-Joy Lee
Womens Health and Continence:
- The lactating breast – Melinda Cooper
- Introductory to Women’s Health – Taryn Hallam WHTA
- Stress Urinary Incontinence and Prolapse – Taryn Hallam WHTA
- Overactive Bladder – Taryn Hallam WHTA
- Pelvic pain – Taryn Hallam WHTA
- Advanced Pelvic Skills Workshop – Prof Hans Peter Deitz
- Pelvic organ prolapse & Gellhorn workshop with Taryn Hallam
- Advanced lactating breast workshop with Melinda Cooper
- NSW State Continence Foundation Conference 2016
- Nataional Continence Foundation Conference 2016
A fun Fact:
My last name has changed, but used to be most interesting! If you have the courage to enquire, it will be well worth your while!